Whether you have decided to transition to a senior community or age in place, our goal is to minimize the potential for stress and make your transition a positive experience.
We come to you. We want you to share with us your thoughts and wishes as it pertains to your move, your belongings and your home. We can do as much or as little as you need.
Your move is unlike any other move we have assisted with because it is Your move. The consultation is an opportunity for you to get to know us and to share with us your ideas and how we can assist.
Before our time together ends, you will feel relief knowing you are not alone during this transition and you have support throughout the process.
@ Home- Live Independently at Home
- Conduct a home safety and functional assessment.
- Help prioritize areas needing work.
- Repurpose existing space so it works better for you.
- Address safety concerns such as clutter.
- Remove common in-home hazards.
- Manage items you wish to discard or donate.
- Explore and address home care maintenance concerns.
Relocation & Transition Services
Now that we know which pieces of furniture will be moving based on your floor plans, it’s time to turn our attention to the smaller items.
This is the ‘sticky stuff’ that can be overwhelming to sort through. We are hands-on throughout the process of sorting, eliminating unwanted items and providing suggestions for a suitable destination for items you wish to sell or donate. In this process we will:
- Sort and eliminate unwanted items – large and small with your help
- Arrange for disposal of unwanted items through auction, sale or donation
- Help you repurpose that favorite family piece
- Carefully pack your belongings during the sort and elimination process
- Obtain estimates from local moving companies
- Coordinate with family members and arrange for shipment or storage
Our goal is to recreate your new home so that you can quickly settle in and start enjoying your new community.
There are no small details when it comes to a major move. We will ensure that each detail of your move is properly managed and tended to.
Your SOS Crew arrives prior to the moving truck. By the end of your moving day, your furniture is properly placed, your bed is made, your refrigerator is full, your kitchen is organized, your clothing is neatly hanging in your closet, your remote is setting next to your chair and boxes and packing materials have been removed.
For furniture and small items that will not be moving to your new home, we will work with other providers in our network to find a solution that may bring some profit to you or arrange for a donation pick up that will benefit a local not-for-profit.
We will coordinate and supervise repairs and total clean out of your previous home.
Part of planning for an organized downsize and major move is the development of a customized floor plan. We often overestimate how much our new space can hold. We will:
- Inventory your belongings
- Measure your furniture
- Obtain floor plans from you new residence
- Work with you on producing a layout of your new home with your safety in mind
We love this part, as we work together to bring your personality into your new home.
You have decided to take the first steps toward decluttering and getting organized.
You now recognize that your time and money are too valuable to continue working around the piles and clutter. Whether your clutter has resulted from chronic or situational disorganization, our home organizing services will help you identify your priority areas and develop an action plan that best suits your needs. Our team is also experienced in small business and office organization. We specialize in:
- Design & Layout
- Room Organization
- Clutter Control
- Home Inventory
We enjoy sharing what we have learned through experience and training to help others in transition. Presentations include:
- “Let’s Talk about Stuff”
- “The Upside to Rightsizing”
- “Home Safe Home”
- “On the Move”
- “Aging in Place”
Our team of relocation experts can manage your move whether you are coming or going. As members of the National Association of Senior Move Managers we can coordinate with your team on the other end to help make your move as seamless as possible.